On Tuesday 23 September, Patriarch Sviatoslav and his entourage of Bishop Peter Stasiuk, Rev. Fr.Simon Ckuj, Mrs. Marusia Jarockyj and Miss Oksana Klymonchuk, were greeted at Adelaide airport by Rev. Fr. Taras Gorpynyak, parish priest of Our Lady of Protection Parish in Wayville and Rev. Fr. Zenon Racki, parish priest of Saints Volodymyr and Olha Parish in Woodville, along with members of both Parish Councils and children in national costume, who presented Patriarch Sviatoslav with a bouquet of native Australian flowers.
His Beatitude Patriarch Sviatoslav had been invited to lunch with His Grace the Most Reverend Philip Wilson, Archbishop of Adelaide where he also had interviews with local and national press and television media.
Divine Liturgy was held at Our Lady of Protection Church in Wayville with celebrants Patriarch Sviatoslav, Archbishop Philip Wilson, Archbishop Emeritus Leonard Faulkner, Bishop Peter, Rev. Frs. Simon, Taras and Zenon and deacon Wolodymyr Demchinskyj. Many Invited dignitaries attended the Liturgy which was sung by the combined choirs conducted by Stefan Misiajlo.
Following the Divine Liturgy, a banquet in honour of Patriarch Sviatoslav and attended by invited Members of Parliament, Ukrainian Community Leaders and 160 faithful was held in the church hall.
01. Patriarch Sviatoslav presented with a bouquet of native Australian flowers by the children.
02. Rev. Fr. Zenon Racki, Patriarch Sviatoslav, Rev. Fr. Taras Gorpynyak and deacon Wolodymyr
03. Patriarch Sviatoslav with clergy and members of both parish councils in Adelaide.
04. Patriarch Sviatoslav is greeted at the Church of Our Lady of Protection.
05. Traditional Ukrainian Welcome – Patriarch Sviatoslav is greeted with bread and salt by Mrs.
Oksana Kosak, chair Parish Council at Wayville, and Mrs. Marusia Kara, chair Parish Council at
Woodville, with Archbishop Emeritus Leonard Faulkner and Archbishop Philip Wilson looking on.
06. Congregation at Our Lady of Protection.
07. Patriarch Sviatoslav.
08. Divine Liturgy.
09. Divine Liturgy with Patriarch Sviatoslav and deacon Wolodymyr.
10. Divine Liturgy.
11. Banquet Hall – Bishop Peter, Patriarch Sviatoslav, Archbishop Philip Wilson, Archbishop Emeritus
Leonard Faulkner, Fr, Simon, Fr. Zenon, Mayor Kirsten Alexander and Fr. Taras with the Patriarch’s
12. Mrs Marusia Jarockyj, chair of the Eparchial Pastoral Council, Bishop Peter, Patriarch Sviatoslav,
Archbishop Philip Wilson and Archbishop Emeritus Leonard Faulkner at the head table.
13. Banquet Hall.
14. Address by His Beatitude Patriarch Sviatoslav with Bishop Peter.
This post is also available in: English