On Sunday 24th February 2019 North Melbourne Cathedral Parish will have 60 delegates from Ukraine, from the Ukrainian Catholic University (UCU), celebrating and praying with us at the 9.30 am Divine Liturgy.
We encourage parishioners to wear their embroidered, Ukrainian shirts and blouses to this liturgy.
- University meets Childcare
- 5th Anniversary Heavenly Hundred
- Father Ihor has moved to the Ukrainian Catholic university in Lviv
After the Liturgy lets make our visitors welcome by joining them for a cuppa upstairs before going on to the Fundraising Dinner at Melrose Reception.
This is a good opportunity for those parishioners not going on to the dinner to welcome our guests and to have a chat.
Want to help students in Lviv?
Parishioners wishing to go to the fundraising Dinner we encourage you to book your tickets as soon as possible and support a most worthy cause.
Booking for the Fundraising Dinner can be made through the following Trybooking site – https://www.trybooking.com/465997
The Ukrainian Catholic University in Lviv are having Fundraising dinners in Melbourne (24th February, 2019) and Sydney (2nd March, 2019). Every ticket sold goes to benefiting student scholarships, programs and development of a new campus.
During the event you will have an opportunity to take part in the silent auction and charity lottery. The keynote speaker will be Natalie Yaresko. The musical part of the evening will be presented by Pavlo Tabakov, the winner of the Ukrainian “The Voice”.
About the Ukrainian Catholic University
The Ukrainian Catholic University is an open academic institution living the Eastern Christian tradition and forming leaders to serve with professional excellence in Ukraine and internationally – for the glory of God, the common good, and the dignity of the human person. Did You Know?
- UCU is a quality institution with international standing, where a third of its graduates continue their studies abroad
- An independent educational institution without financial support from the state
- The only non-profit university in Ukraine where student budget contributions total less than 25%
- Is built as a university campus unique to Ukraine, which meets the world’s highest educational standards
- Open to representatives of all religions and denominations
This post is also available in: Ukrainian