Christ is born
I would like to use this letter as an opportunity to engage with you. So please, dedicate a few minutes of your time to read it. I would also appreciate it if every member of your family, from the youngest to the eldest, could listen to my words.
- Bishop Peter’s Christmas Greetings
- Fr. Paul Berezniuk’s reflection on Christmas
- Christmas pastoral letter of His Beatitude Sviatoslav
In a couple weeks we will be celebrating the feast of the Nativity of Christ. The Feast, which gives us the chance to live through (to experience) again and again the coming of God into this World, the coming of God to every one of us. Christ comes to lead us into the life of paradise. God becomes man to save mankind. Our Lord is born to renew and bring us to the original image, which we lost because of sin.
Every year we celebrate not just an event that happened many years ago, but we should to relive again the Nativity of Christ and see how He changes the World and every one of us.
Today’s world often changes values, changes the meanings of words and deeds. It replaces (substitutes) the concepts and invites us to forget, replace and abandon the reason God created us. God created us good; He created us from love and for love. He created us for life, the everlasting life with Him and in Him. Christ is born to return this image, to remind us of eternal and unchanging values.
I would like to wish all of you in this time of the Nativity Fast to first of all prepare our hearts for the coming of our Saviour. As the ‘stychyra’ from the Vespers says: “The Saviour of all has come from a Virgin, and He summons everyone to the faith”. So, let us use this time to have a look at our faith, to have a look at our values, to revise the meanings of our words and deeds. So, on the day of the Nativity of Christ we could joyfully thank God for His boundless love.
Різдвяне послання отця Андрія Микитюка (Andriy Mykytyuk)
تم النشر بواسطة Ukrainian Catholic Church in Australia, New Zealand and Oceania في الاثنين، ٦ يناير ٢٠٢٠
My wish for all of you is that the feast of the Nativity of our Lord Jesus Christ brings into your home true love. That new-born Christ strengthens each of you, adds faith and wisdom. So that we too will be able to see the true star of Bethlehem and follow its light to our God.
In order to properly experience these holy days, I sincerely invite you all to our church for services and prayers. God found time to be with us – let us find time to give our thanks to Him. (The order of Services for January is attached).
I would also like to use this opportunity to tell you some news about our parish life and invite you to actively participate in the life of your parish:
- During Christmas time, you may be visited by our parish koliadnyky (carols singers). We kindly ask you to welcome them. Also if you are able, please join one of the carolling groups. We would be very grateful.
- We sincerely invite all of you for the traditional Shchedryj Vechir lunch, which will be held on Sunday, January 19th following Divine Liturgy at 10 am. All other details will be in the Parish Bulletin.
- After the Feast of Jordan, I will be visiting all our parishioners for the yearly blessing of houses with holy water. I am looking forward to meeting you all. (The Roster for the house blessing is attached). If you won’t be at home or you do not want the priest to come and bless your home, please let me know. It will save your time and mine. Let’s be mutually respectful.
- As you know, every first Sunday of month we have a Divine Liturgy for kids and youth with special prayers and blessings. We sincerely invite all of you to join us for the prayer.
- Moreover, every first Sunday of month we have the formation program “Generation of Faith”. This is a catechetical program for the whole family, aimed at strengthening the family, the parish, our faith and knowledge. The program is in English, so we extend a very warm welcome to everyone.
- Please, do not forget that every day we have different Services at our church. So you always have an opportunity to come to the church for prayer. You also have an opportunity to approach the Holy Mysteries of Repentance (Confession) and Eucharist (Holy Communion) on any day of the week.
- From the February 2020 AD we are going to start Singing the Rosary or Jesus prayer every first Tuesday of month.
- Attached please find the Vision for our Parish. Please read and reflect on this information.
- I know that all of us can become ill and may need to go to hospital. In these cases I am happy to visit you and pray for your recovery. But I cannot do this if I don’t know about it. I don’t have extrasensory So, please, let me know when you, members of your family or friends become ill and go to hospital, so that I can visit and we can pray together for the recovery of the patient.
- If you would like to talk with me or would like me to visit you, please let me know and I will do it with pleasure.
- Thank you for all your previous donations, may the merciful God reward you hundredfold.
Included with this letter, you will find two donation envelopes:
- “Christmas donation” – your gift for your parish priest.
- “Yearly parish donation” – We are asking all families for a yearly contribution of $220.00 to support your parish. It doesn’t matter how often you come to the church, weekly, monthly, yearly, or for a Baptism or Funeral, you expect that the church / priest, is available and able to attend to your needs. For this to happen the parish needs funds to maintain the physical environment as well as support the priest. Perhaps $220.00 sounds a big amount, but when you divide it by 52 (number of weeks in a year) it works out at just $4.25 per week; which is less than the cost of a cup of coffee! Are you able to donate money for one coffee per week for your parish, your church? You can bring your envelope to church or make the donation through a direct transfer using the following details: BSB: 704-235 Acc. Name: Dormition of the Mother of God Parish Council Ardeer. Acc. Number: 00001484.
- Also, we sincerely ask you to join the Community benefit program of Dnister Ukrainian Credit Co- Operative. – “My Community Saver” and support your parish. (Flyer with info is attached). You will not lose any money, but your parish and “Dnister” will benefit. What do you need to do? Open a Community saver Account in Dnister (or use your existing account) and nominate your parish “Dormition of the Mother of God, Ardeer”. (If you already support some organization, that’s not a problem – Dnister can share the profit with several organizations).
- Many exciting and interesting activities are happening in our parish and we are planning many more. You can follow all updates and news about our parish in the Parish Bulletin or on our Facebook page: “Ukrainian Catholic Church Ardeer”. We sincerely invite you to take an active part.
- For better communication with parishioners we ask that you to provide us with your email address. Please, write an email to email@example.com and we will include you in our list. In conclusion I call upon all of you: – “Do not just attend your church – love your Church! Pray, serve, give, invite, help, worship, post, join, engage, participate! This is you parish and your Church!”
Once again I would like to wish all of you a happy, holy time during the Christmas season.
May God bless you all!
Christ is born!
with prayers Fr. Andriy Mykytyuk parish priest Parish
of the Dormition of the Mother of God, Ardeer
This post is also available in: Ukrainian